Sunday, November 18, 2007

Prayers

It was raining really heavily. And the water began to rise. The whole village was to be evacuated. Everyone hurried and left the village except for this man. He said, "I prayed to God and God will save me".

The water rose to his ankles and a van came to rescue the man. However he refused and said that “I prayed to God and God will save me".

The water rose higher to his hips. Then, a boat came to rescue the man. However, he refused and said, "I prayed to God and God will save me".

The water rose even higher that the man had to climb a coconut tree. Then a helicopter came to rescue him. However, again, he refused and said, "I prayed to God and God will save me".

The rain kept on pouring and pouring. And the man climbed higher and higher and soon there is no where for him to go. The man drowned eventually.

In heaven, the man asked God. “Dear God, I prayed to you, why didn’t you save me”? God replied “I sent a van, a boat and even a helicopter but you refused them. What else do you expect me to do?”

God answer prayer in three ways.
1) You pray for something and God say yes and gives it to you.
2) You pray for something and God say wait, I will give to you when the time comes.
3) You pray for something and God say no. But I will give you something better.

Then again, sometimes we don’t realise that our prayers are being answered. Just like in this short silly story where the man refused help sent by God. Are we the same as this man? Well, ponder about it. God does not answer prayers like a genie granting a wish. God answers prayers by opening up opportunities. If you pray for the love of a girl. God does not put this tingling feeling in her while she is sleeping one night and fall for you the next day. God creates opportunities for you to get close to this girl. Well, then it is up to you to realise God's answer to your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this one! ur getting better =)

Anonymous said...

Chehh..So i guess you have found the oppurtunity to get closer to her la.Thats good.

"This is where the hero comes into the picture..". Remember u said that?

Haha.All the best :)